What does it mean to be a member of the Christian KiwiSaver Scheme? As a member, you will be choosing to invest your savings in a KiwiSaver scheme that is founded on ethical and responsible investment principles that we believe reflect Christian values. You will be joining a KiwiSaver scheme where we believe how a return is made is just as important as how much is made. The Christian KiwiSaver Scheme is not just one of our products on the shelf alongside other generic investment products – it reflects who we are as an organisation and our key aim. Choosing to invest ethically does not mean your returns will necessarily be lower. We aim to deliver the best returns we can, without compromising our ethical investment stance. You can be assured we will be searching for investments that perform and can provide a sound long-term return for you.
You will also enjoy personal service through a team who are committed to making your membership of the Christian KiwiSaver Scheme the best possible experience for you. Your KiwiSaver account is an important and valuable asset to you and we feel it is important for us to treasure it as much as you would. When you call you are most likely to talk with Mary, Mike or Jo, who have all worked with us for many years.
Even if you are already with an existing KiwiSaver provider, if you are eligible (see below) you can transfer to the Christian KiwiSaver Scheme at any time. It doesn’t affect your employer and you can do it directly through our online application.
Some members join because their employer (if eligible) has chosen Christian KiwiSaver Scheme as its ‘preferred provider’ or ‘chosen scheme’. This gives employees a further choice when choosing a KiwiSaver scheme. Let us know if your employer would be interested and we can get in touch with them.
As a KiwiSaver scheme for the Christian community, we have particular (and restricted) criteria for membership. If you answer yes to any one of these questions we welcome an application from you:
- I am employed by a Christian organisation whose primary activities are Christian mission or ministry.
- I can confirm that I have a Christian faith and have a commitment to Christian community involvement.
- I am an immediate family member or dependant of a person with Christian faith who has a commitment to Christian community involvement (“immediate family member” means spouse, civil union partner, de facto partner, parent, child, step-parent or step-child).
To join any KiwiSaver scheme you will also need to be:
- Living or normally living in New Zealand (with some exceptions); and
- A New Zealand citizen or have an entitlement to live here permanently; and
- Aged below the qualifying age for New Zealand Super (currently 65) – although there is no age limit for transferring between KiwiSaver schemes.