If youâ€™re self-employed then KiwiSaver provides a handy and cost-effective option to save for retirement. If you know someone who is self-employed then tell them, your friends and your family about Christian KiwiSaver Scheme, a KiwiSaver scheme for Christians that reflects Christian values and is founded on ethical and responsible investment principles. Send them a link to this article.
All New Zealanders under age 65 can join.
You donâ€™t have to be in paid employment to join, itâ€™s open to:
- workers who are self-employed
- those not in paid employment
Self-employed people have great options:
- They can choose the amount they save in KiwiSaver
- They can make contributions on a regular basis or lump sum payments every so often
- They choose their KiwiSaver scheme (pick ours!)
- They are entitled to the governmentâ€™s annual contribution of up to $1,042.86
- They are entitled to all of the other KiwiSaver benefits.
Itâ€™s never too late or too early to start but the earlier saving starts the better off the saver is likely to be. Saving a little over a long time has proven to be a really good option.